Wednesday 18 January 2012

Welcome Triathletes and Fans of the Sport!

You have arrived at Triathlon Daily, your source for news from the wide world of triathlon!

My name is Andrew Flanagan. I have been a student of the sport of triathlon for over 6 years and have competed in, and finished over 25 triathlons varying from Sprint (750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run) to Olympic distance (1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run). My experiences training for, racing, and studying the sport, paired with my education, have moved me a long ways through the learning curve of triathlon.

This blog will feature everything triathlon related including: current trends, results, new equipment, interviews with professional and up and coming triathletes, training tips, and finally, news from the triathlon world.

To conclude this post, I leave you with one of my favourite triathlon sprint finishes of all time from way back in 2005 at the New Plymouth ITU World Cup. The clip shows a group of athletes, Kris Gemmell, Bevan Docherty, Rasmus Henning, and Hunter Kemper as they make their moves with about 400m to go to the finish line.


Check back soon for a post about the recent release of the Cervelo P5!

Happy training!

Andrew Flanagan

1 comment:

  1. I should add, the athletes be passed in the video are being lapped.

    ReplyDelete